By Nisar Ali
GHANCHE: Two bothers of Okara district of Punjab were found dead in district Ghanche of Gilgit-Baltistan on Saturday after they suffered suffocation from the gas they left turned on overnight.
The incident occurred in a room situated near Habib Metro bank in Khaplu district of Ghanche.
Muhammad Shehbaz Anjum 28 and his brother Imtiaz hailed from Okara district of Punjab. They were working in a new Bank building in the area.
According to sources, when a local person entered their room on Saturday morning he found them dead inside. Their room was unlocked while the gas was turned on. However later the bodies were shifted to a hospital for postmortem.
Talking to Outpost, Deputy Medical Superintendent Dr. Ashraf said that both the persons were dead when brought to hospital. “There was no bruises whatsoever on the bodies,” he said, adding police were investigating the matter.
Negligent handling of gas in homes can bring death and destruction any time any where, but such accidents are more common in the winters.
Published in Outpost on December 24, 2016